When we are Closed

What do I do if the Medical Centre is closed?

There is always a nurse and doctor available for emergency problems when the surgery is closed. The out-of-hours service is provided by B&NES Doctors Urgent Care (BDUC) please call 111.

An Urgent Care Centre situated next to the Emergency Department at The Royal United Hospital (RUH) in Bath, GP-led and open 24 hours a day.

If you need urgent care in the first instance call your GP. If your GP Practice is closed, call 111 and you will be directed to the most appropriate service for your need.

Minor Injuries Unit

Trowbridge Community Hospital
Adcroft Street, Trowbridge, Wiltshire BA14 8PH
Open 7 days a week from 07:00 – 23:00
Tel: 01225 711300

Accident & Emergency – RUH

Please use this service at the RUH for Accidents and Emergencies only.

Out-of-hours services are generally busy so please think carefully before asking to see a doctor and only do so if you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.

In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.